Sunday, December 2, 2012

Product Review: Mattify Cosmetics


Everyone knows of MAC, Dior, Clinique, etc, but I wanted to be able to branch out and explore some of the smaller companies out there and see if I could find some hidden gems.

I stumbled upon a company called Mattify Cosmetics. I found them interesting because they are specifically tailored to those with oiler skin. They allowed me to pick out 5 products to review so I decided to try a primer, foundation, blush and two eye shadows.

First and foremost I will say that if you have dry skin, this isn’t the company for you. With that said if you have oily skin and you are looking for a makeup that will keep the shine at bay and last for a while, look no further.

So lets paint the scene:
It’s Friday night and you’ve decided to knock back a few margaritas with your girlfriends that ultimately leads to a night of dancing on tables and bad karaoke (don’t lie, we’ve all been there). You go to the ladies room to freshen up and you meet your worst enemy.. the mirror. At this point your face may resemble a reflective surface and your “hot look” is now smeared all over your eyes. Sound familiar? Well I put these products to the test and after a few drinks my makeup was still intact. Kudos Mattify Cosmetics.


Products:

1.              Mattify Cosmetics Transparent Powder:
 

This is a translucent powder that can be worn under foundation as a primer, over foundation as a shine guard, or both. I will say that if you lean more toward having combination skin I would suggest only using it as a primer or over foundation since it does have a drying effect. This product really did hold true to its description. My makeup stayed on all night and I was completely shine free! What I love about this product is its versatility. I also swept a tiny bit of the powder on my eyelids and my eye makeup didn’t crease or smudge the entire night.  As an added bonus you can wear this product alone to help minimize pores and reduce skin redness. And for all you animal lovers, this product is in fact vegan. Hats off to this product.

2.              Mattify Cosmetics Fair/Medium Powder Foundation: 

Much like the Mattifying Powder, these are not only a foundation but also a shine resistant one at that. I will say that these provide a lighter coverage then some of the other powder foundations I have tried, although you are able to layer it up for a little heavier coverage. You can also use it as a spot concealer or over your normal foundation as an oil absorbing tinted powder.  All in all, it’s a decent foundation and I recommend it for someone who wants a light to medium coverage.

3.              Mattify Cosmetics Long Lasting Blush in Harmony:

This truly lives up to its name. The blush stays put all night and the shade was beautiful and truly complimented my skin. It wasn’t too harsh, and had a light/natural look. Kudos to the “stay put” factor.

4.              Mattify Cosmetics Eye Shadows:

(The dark shadow is "Summer Storm" and the lighter shadow is "Iced Apricot." The photo on the right is a dry swatch while the photo on the left is a wet swatch.)

First and foremost I am a sucker for loose eye shadows because of the versatility factor. I tried both shadows (Iced Apricot and Summer Storm) dry and wet. Both effects were beautiful. The shadows are long lasting and have a good color pay off. I also used the apricot with a little clear gloss to make a light, shimmery gloss. All of their eye shadows (with the exception of the Iced Apricot and Cotton Candy) are vegan. Stellar.


All in all, I would recommend these products to the right clients and the prices are hard to beat. Hats off to you, Mattify Cosmetics, for delivering products that truly stick by their name. I look forward to using your products in the future.


So visit Mattify Cosmetics and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment